A flowing river or a growing plant are all viewed with positivity and respect! Same applies to the software’s and technology, the one whose updates are stalled, start losing their existence. Is anyone using Windows XP? Or a Nokia Phone? Or any of your neighbor who has a CRT Television?
Continuity is Life!
To support Continuity in an SDLC be it for Continuous Testing or Continuous Delivery, Cloud plays a vital role, and this post would exclusively talk about the same –
What Are the Features OF Continuous Testing?
If we want a software to live longer we need to make it adaptable to latest technology and trends and to achieve it; the software may undergo frequent changes. How do you then ensure the frequent changes are not affecting the quality of the software? And how frequently could you release the new changes to your client? Hence, we need continuous Testing to -
- Test Early – Finding issues with walkthroughs and analysis in the requirement or Design Phase
- Test Faster – Discovering gray areas with the tools like TestNG or MAVEN
- Test Often – Using JENKINS one could get a daily build and track problems on regular basis
- Automate Testing – Using tools like Selenium could help in automating test cases and provide faster results
How Could Cloud Help in Achieving Continuous Testing
What is Cloud-Based Testing
Cloud Based Testing is when testing is executed with the use of Cloud computing that could help in reducing time-to- market because of easy deployment and assist in collaborating with the different teams in an Agile Team.
What Are the Advantages Offered by Cloud in Continuous Testing?
Cloud Computing Offers
- Easy Collaboration – With a new feature Dev Team could introduce changes, QA could design specific use cases, and DevOps could deploy and manage the environments with the easy access cloud computing offers.
- Deployment is Quick – When compared to on-premise deployment, deployment is quick saving time and resources.
- Access Anytime Anyplace – No matter which geographic location you are, Cloud allows you to access the environment from anywhere anytime. That means Testing on the go!
- Expand the possibility of Testing-As- A-Service[TAAS] – With Cloud Platform serving as Platform-As- A-Service[PAAS] it reduces the glitch of accessing hardware and thereby speeding the process of continuous testing
- Tasks Gets Streamlined – With cloud and agile teams working in collaboration, dev team could concentrate on development, QA on their test scripts, execution, and component testing while devops on performance and deliveries.
- Produces Results on the go – Share your results with stakeholders, and other team members as they get executed.
- Incremental Testing a Possibility – Need to upgrade your environment to latest OS or the latest version of Java, tweaking a setting and running the additional testing makes continuous testing an opportunity.
- Integration Testing is Seamless – Need to integrate different systems to run an integrated test, with cloud you need to configure it just once and could repetitively use it for your testing.
- Secure Database Checks – With customized Database as an offering it is easy for testers to perform data validation and field checks.
- Enhances Productivity – A user can evaluate project performance, gauge product development and verify testing results allowing you to stay on track and improve productivity.
With technology, we have seen a change in every phase of SDLC, while traditional methods of testing had been cumbersome and time-consuming. Continuous Testing in collaboration with Cloud could lead to provide more scalable, robust and quality products to our users.
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5