Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 test Automation - Codeless!
Microsoft never fails to deliver the ease of operation in a user-friendly manner. Dynamics 365 is one such significant service investment that Microsoft has done right. The key factor of codeless test automation is its simple procedure and the upgrade that extends the same privileges to users.
Several problems that seemed not a much of trouble, positioned quite a significant risks to organizations. This is why Dynamics 365 automation testing came into the picture. It ensures safe and smooth operating of the system. And this is where CloudQA plays a vital role to assist with the dynamics 365 testing module.
Stats says, 40% of an application’s lifecycle is dependent on testing quality. CloudQA, assist your company to leverage the Microsoft Dynamics testing process. As we understand how business managers are eager to reduce the negative effects of software testing.
Personnel monitoring, debit and credit scores, arrangements, expansions, spots, new module implementation to mention a few time-consuming activities related to an ERP of your company. These are all managed by Microsoft Dynamics.
The base Microsoft Dynamics application is deep as well as broad. It consists of a host of attributes, components, software and hardware configurations. Independent software application vendors do expand or modify Microsoft Dynamics, giving functionality for verticals and certain market demands. It is vital to check the remedy completely as all the modifications are applied.
7 things you must know before starting your testing
- The standard, out-of-the-box capability of Dynamics can be found in 24 languages, which simplifies localization testing considerably. It implies that when tailoring the system, just newly established or configured functionality is required to qualify the localization testing.
- Besides localization testing running useful GUI tests is equally important to inspect and verify before heading further. The outcomes that you get at this stage will certainly define the direction to your testing execution.
- In a customized Dynamics 365, more than half of part of performance is likely to come pre-checked. This implies that you are left with testing of freshly added and tailored part, which generally involves entities, features, and fields. Usually, there is no need to verify new areas as the control aspects get the typical attributes with respect to the information feed.
- The Dynamics products are somewhat complex web applications that are challenging to automate with Selenium scripts. For instance, the tester will certainly need to manage elements such as “embedded iFrames”, “deep things trees”, and “vibrant IDs for child windows” when trying to automate easy procedures in, say, the Sales application. Just making the Selenium WebDriver locate the appropriate component in the application requires the tester to spend a lot of time scripting the correct locator technique.
- Another problem from a testing viewpoint is that the UI standard of the Dynamics applications differs from version to version. You cannot desire to lock-in designer resources to test automation, as this would consume the time of establishing your regional Dynamics personalization.
Dynamics 365 automated testing
Dynamics-users have to validate numerous critical business hurdles. With frequent updates to the core and also standard applications, it’s vital to thoroughly examine Dynamics-based applications and processes.
Discover exactly how to:
- Kick-off automatic testing of Dynamics 365
- Automate with out-of-the-box parts
- Incorporate with any kind of release pipe
Testers require to automate Dynamics 365 applications
- To support continuous deployment
- To verify processes throughout applications
- To examine legacy system assimilations
- To check production atmospheres
Having problem testing the Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications?
Configuring automated testing and also contracting out testing initiatives end up with the very same result: Test cases stop working and top quality has to compromise. Make sure your Dynamics-applications do not break with durable test automation that can be developed codeless.
CloudQA consists of specialized libraries for testing Dynamics 365 applications built-upon the common UIAutomation library. The library comprises special extensions for handling unique controls such as tree views, the navigating explorer and the various grids used to modify information. Additionally, CloudQA can evaluate numerous websites using its web internet browser libraries.
Having a well-functioning and customized Dynamics 365 is what every successful company aims at. Yet, buying off-the-shelf products might be limiting for your company if you intend to improve organisation processes in your sales and advertising department. To ensure the system addresses your urgent demands, modification of a CRM platform is a common alternative. Microsoft Dynamics CRM is not an exception.
In a nutshell, we have actually laid out significant areas of focus while testing the customized Dynamics 365. Ideally, you will utilize them when localizing your platform along with testing its functionality, performance and UI.
CloudQA is focused on enhancing your Microsoft Dynamics ERP performance regularly with quick automated and repeatable testing activities.
LIKE THIS POST SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Talk to our Test Engineers
Fast track your codeless test automation
Do you or your team currently test manually and trying to break into test automation? In this article, we outline how can small QA teams make transition from manual to codeless testing to full fledged automated testing.
SaaS Testing: Basics and How Codeless Automated Testing Helps
SaaS or Software as a Service model is increasingly becoming popular. Thanks to its features like – quick deployment, reduced dependency on internal systems, an increase in availability, reliability of resource and most importantly low upfront costs, it serves as the best choice. However, looking at the flip side, the companies are under immense pressure to release new features at a fast pace. Adapting agile methodology for development and testing has helped the businesses, but has also come with the challenges – the need to deliver quality software. So, what could be done? How can you assure the quality of the software yet make a quick delivery?
Codeless Automated testing for SaaS-based web apps
We all know how crucial is to test any software, but with a SaaS-based application there are numerous challenges that makes testing of utmost importance. So let’s take a glance to the challenges of SaaS Application and how codeless testing tools can help overcome them –
|Serial #||Requirements of a SaaS application||Why is it important||Solution By Codeless Test Automation|
|1||Frequent Updates and UI Validation|
|2||Scalability and Performance|
|4||Integrations & APIs|
|5||Cross Browser functionality|
As an entrepreneur, if you are looking to reduce the testing efforts, test automation could be beneficial. It not only reduces the time-to-market but could also help you with providing accurate results. For building the test automation framework, test automation strategy in-house, here is the quick approach and best practices that could help you –
Test Automation Approach for SaaS Products
An efficient automation is one reduces manual effort, improves test coverage, reliability and provides a positive ROI. Hence while formalizing a test automation framework, fundamentally for a SaaS product, you should keep in mind the features of SaaS –
Record and Play Approach
The most basic test automation approach offers convenience, low implementation cost and easy to be deployed. However, it does not provide flexibility and maintaining a record and play tool when manual intervention is required could be a costly affair in the long run.
The approach is best suited when a significant amount of data is to be tested under different combinations. It involves some scripting, and hence team should be skilled enough to check data output under various conditions.
A testing approach that could be expanded to various platforms, applications and environments. It suits for large/small data sets and projects of long/short duration. However initial implementation cost is one of the major pitfalls of this approach.
Hybrid Keyword Approach
The most sophisticated test approach that is long-lasting, flexible, provides you with ample checkpoints, sustainable and comes with an ability to integrate with external objects. But again, the initial implementation cost is enormous, and during initial months you may not witness a positive ROI. Hybrid keyword approach is a long-term test automation strategy and may not be the right choice for short-lived and straightforward projects.
Best Practices for Testing SaaS Products
- Make sure to set aside resources and time to measure the performance of the SaaS application.
- Get a clear understanding of the requirement and “How it needs to be tested.” Just for example does SaaS product needs integration with any other application? Or Would it work under different environments?
- With frequent release, set aside some time for exploratory testing in every release that helps in getting new test cases and bugs
- Make sure to perform upgrade testing, data migration testing with frequent upgrades and changes of SaaS application
- Ensure the security, stability and quality of the SaaS application when connected to third party APIs
- Set an estimate to your test automation efforts. Just for example once you guys have decided on the approach, how much time do you think it would need to write one test script? How much time does it need to execute it? It would help in comparing the estimated and actual efforts, thereby re-aligning your test strategy and leading to a higher ROI.
- The user base is quite crucial for a SaaS application, hence make sure to have room to scale up in case it is needed.
- Set up a plan for disaster recovery to ensure your users are not in a hung state in case of discontinuance of service.
- Ensure Reliability testing in your release cycle for smooth deployment of code onto live site.
While founders know, the prime motive of building a SaaS application is that it is customer focussed. Have you thought they are also getting the quality? SaaS testing is a comprehensive test solution that includes Functional, Security, Load, Performance, Cross-Browser, and compliance testing. Codeless Test Automation of SaaS test scripts shortens the test cycle helping in frequent upgrades and release of SaaS application.